Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Random Picture #119


I like the naming of this because it sounds like you're in a race to get started on snacking. It's like the equivalent of "on your mark, get set, go!" I never saw this particular snack anywhere other than attached to the side of a 6-pack of beer. I guess that they figure that, when you're getting drunk, you may forget how to eat so they need to give you a bit of a count to cue you to get started

These little packets of salted snacks, which resembled basic processed potato sticks like Pote-long, were on a variety of beer offered by Suntory. Chances are that they were using the beer as a way of introducing a new snack product rather than attempting to get people to buy the beer by giving them a free snack. Since I never saw them packaged and sold separately, I'm guessing the reception was less than warm and they decided not to push their processed barbecue potato sticks. 

No comments: