Thursday, May 23, 2013

Passionfruit Adult Sweetness KitKat (product information)


Nestle Japan has (finally) stepped up and released a new and somewhat interesting variety of KitKat. Just in time for summer, you can pick up a passion fruit KitKat and allow it to melt in your backpack. The web site for this candy says that it has some mild acidity and, because it is part of the "adult sweetness" line, there are finely crushed biscuits in it. The truth is that I've never eaten said fruit and I have no idea what it tastes like, so I guess that step 1 would be to try the fruit. Step 2 would be to try the candy bar. Step 3 would be to write my impressions of it. That being said, while I can say this sounds interesting, it doesn't sound "inspiring". If you've given this a try, let me know what you think.

If you'd like to give it a try, Candysan is offering it for a short time for 180 yen/$1.83. They will stop selling it because they won't ship chocolate throughout the summer due to the potential damage from heat. Personally, I'm going to have a peak at Japanese markets in my area and see if I can find some in their air conditioned shops for something less than the price of gold.

4 comments:

Me said...

Let us know if you find it. I love the flavor of passion fruit, and I think the 'tart' varieties of Kit Kat are usually the best. I'll go check out Mitsuwa this weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I was lucky enough to taste the new Passion fruit Kit Kat the other day. LOVED IT! I wrote about it on my blog, check it out if you have time!
http://celiaintokyo.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/passion-fruit-kit-kat-the-verdict/

Orchid64 said...

Thanks for sharing, Celia. I'm glad you liked it!

I'm still waiting for this to show up here (if indeed it does at all!).

Rizuna Swon said...

Thank you for sharing. I already loved the green tea flavour and i want to try the passion fruit

Rizuna,
Http://rizunaswon.blogspot.com