Thursday, August 8, 2019

Sukiyaki Pringles



I have never been much of a Pringles person. Sure, being a fairly organized person who likes orderly spaces, the concept of Pringles appeals to me. Who wouldn't love an anal-retentive concept in which your chips are well-behaved and identical such that they stack neatly into a canister. What's not to love if you're compulsively tidy?

What has never been for me to love is the texture. Compared to potato chips, they have a crumbly, softer texture because they're not only made with dehydrated potato, but also flour. They are a more processed version of something which is superior in its original form.

All of that being said, I've not eaten deep fried food regularly for a long time and I can't digest it well. My husband is the chip eater in the family and, if I sample just two of his fried chips, I'll be feeling it hours later. These Pringles didn't bring on any digestive problems like deep-fried chips seem to. That's quite the bonus right there. One thing is for sure, gluten is my friend as the wheat flour mixed in these didn't cause one problem for me.

The place where these really shine is the sukiyaki flavor. It's very savory and "meaty" in a way I've not experienced before in a chip. The flavor depth is impressive and I loved that (and I don't even like beef). You get a lot of complexity including onion, garlic, mushroom, and, of course, the beef. I really liked these chips, much to my surprise. I guess that my enjoyment was absolutely amplified by the lack of regret later on.

I did a little research on Pringles because I've always wondered why anyone would try to make a processed chip when natural chips are so tasty. I thought perhaps it was one of those wartime things where a product comes about because of a shortage or, like custard powder in the UK, the product was created because someone had a food allergy. The answer seems to be because a food chemist and storage technician could do it and because people complained about how messy chips could be. It's not the most exciting answer, but it is an answer.


2 comments:

Saki said...

I have eaten Pringles since I was a child, but sukiyaki flavor is really new for me. Your post makes me imagine the taste. By the way, my favorite taste is sour cream & onion. Please try it!

Mobile app development company said...

Excellent Post. Thanks for sharing. I would like to share information about the iPhone app development company. With an acute awareness of Apple's stringent App Store guidelines, these companies navigate the intricacies of app submission with finesse, ensuring compliance and maximizing the chances of approval. In this highly competitive landscape, iPhone app development companies stand out not only for their technical prowess but also for their meticulous attention to detail, resulting in iOS applications that consistently deliver excellence in functionality and user experience.