Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Random Picture #113


As is the case in all countries, there are various categories of snacks. I tried to sample from a variety of types including otsumami (snacks to be consumed with beverages, especially alcoholic ones), kid's snacks, grandma's snacks, cheap snacks, traditional snacks (bean cakes, sembei), and modern snacks that riff on Western things. Because of that wide range of things, it was impossible for me to try everything, even within a discrete category. One of the things that I wanted to try, but never got around to was these tiny little snack sticks. On the left are salami sticks and the right are cheese sticks. Each is about an inch long and about the width of a pencil. At only 9 yen (11 cents), I knew they weren't going to be high grade snack food, but that was part of what made me want to sample them. I like to try potentially bad stuff as much as potentially good stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't buy them when I took the picture, and forgot which convenience store was carrying them. Time ran out on my opportunity to try these low-grade snacks, sadly... well, perhaps not so sad. ;-)

If you've tried these, please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought of them. 

1 comment:

nobara said...

they have very good looking!