Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sunkus Brown Stew Sandwich (product information)

Image from Circle K/Sunkus.

I never liked the sandwiches sold at Japanese convenience stores and this one is just one of the weirder examples of why. I may be very conservative when it comes to sandwiches, but the one pictured above looked like someone hurled onto the bread and tried to cover up the mess with another piece of bread. The scary thing is that I'm sure food stylists did their best to make this look good.

This sandwich has egg salad, shrimp, broccoli, and, of course mayonnaise. I like broccoli, but I don't want lumps of it crammed in a sandwich. This monstrosity can be yours for a mere 298 yen ($2.84) and will provide you with 285 calories of sandwich fun.

The name of this sandwich reminded me of a Simpsons bit about gravy.

1 comment:

Halfbloodpixie said...

I love your blog!
I'm going to Korea in the Summer, and plan on doing something similar with food :)!!
xx