Monday, September 1, 2014

Finishing Here

Since stopping my regular posting, I've been coming to terms with the changes in my life and I think I've reached the end of my need to talk about Japan. I knew the time would come eventually when I'd move from being in transition to being "finished". I'm not quite complete, but I think the time has come to let go of my strong attachment to thinking about Japan and my life there. That's my way of saying that the time of comparisons is finished and maybe I don't have as much to say as I used to or just don't care to say it anymore.

I'm going to essentially go away for awhile. I am sure that there is something else I'll be writing about in the future, but I think I'm going to say goodbye to these blogs for awhile, maybe forever. I haven't decided yet. I just know that my impulse to continue has vanished.

I want to sincerely thank my readers for following me as they have. I will say that, if I start a new blog or write in another forum (or when my book is complete), I will likely come back and let readers of these blogs know about it. If you're only here because I talk about Japan, then you may not want to come back once in awhile to see if things have changed. If you're here because you like the way I write, then I'd say pop back once a month or so to see if anything has changed.

Thank you for all your kind support and reading my work. I am truly grateful.

18 comments:

Hirayuki said...

Thank you for all the posts! You turned me onto some great snacks (and warned me away from some not-so-great ones). I look forward to reading more from you on another subject if/when you decide to start writing again.

Unknown said...

Thank you for all the wonderful posts until now, It's upsetting to have come here too late to find out that you've decided to stop but I wish you good luck with whatever may be your new work, hobby or future venture/s, all the best and I send you great respect and friendly love :)

Me said...

I've enjoyed this blog immensely. I hope you eventually find the motivation to continue to write about snacks... Japanese or not!

Shirel said...

Thank you for your reviews and posts about Japan and many other things! I've been following for quite a while and they were always very interesting to read :) hope you do continue this someday

Unknown said...

Thank you for the great posts! I do not know how you have kept this up so long, but will definitely miss it! We have another trip planned for Japan in 2015 - love it so much there!! Thanks for all your work!

Stephen I. said...

I started reading your blog my freshman year in college and I now have very fond memories of that time in my life connected to your posts. I am going to graduate this year and it was fun to experience a large change in my life while reading about your departure from Japan as well. I do hope you continue writing another blog at some point because I genuinely enjoy your writing style. I will most likely purchase your book when it is completed. Thank you for all that you have done.

KoreanOutpost said...

It's been a pleasure to read your blog for all this time. I will certainly tune in every once in awhile to see what you do next :)

Unknown said...

oh wow, i did not expect this at all. I really enjoyed your blog for the past few years. Wish you a great future ahead!

thegypsie said...

I will be back to see if there are any new projects you are working on.

Unknown said...

Oh, we are going to miss you entries! Hope you tell us when you're back in something new. ;) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm officially now an "Unhappy Sumo"! Have a great life, hope to see you back sometime soon!

Nat said...

Thank you for all of the posts! You were a part of the reason I've become so interested in Japanese snacks (while living in Japan) Best wishes!

Unknown said...

I had a friend bring some candy back from Japan. I think it was nodoame or throat candy. It was a hard candy and in the shape of a yin yang. It was half black and half white. The white part was cold in your mouth and the black portion was warm in the mouth. I have been looking for them forever. Does anyone know what candy this is?

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the stuff you showed! I find you in this two last years and have been reading the old posts like if it was the first day! Thanks a lot. (let us know if you open another blog o similar" ;D)

Unknown said...

I just stumbled upon your blog, after a five year hiatus on blogging, I'm sad to see you go, but I'm also happy that you've seemed to have a smooth transition, as smooth as it can be =)

Cindy deRosier said...

I just found your blog recently and love it. It's disappointing that you're not posting anymore, but there's enough content to keep me busy reading for awhile. :)

lazybone said...

Best Indian restaurant in Victoria
Indian restaurant in Victoria BC
Indian restaurant in downtown Victoria bc
Top Indian Restaurant
Authentic Indian restaurant
Indian cuisine
Best Indian cuisine
Punjabi restaurant in Victoria
Indian food delivery in Victoria BC
Indian food home delivery

Angelus said...

Thank you for the wonderful time.