Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Random Picture 30


On my other blog, I've whined about the high cost of popcorn in Japan. Most of the time, you can buy it in tiny packets of kernels which won't pop very well or you can buy these Jiffy-Pop type foil plates for about $2.00 each. These plates are about 2/3 the size of the ones you buy back home. I've never actually bought one, but the strangest thing is that this is sitting smack dab in the middle of the cereal for some reason. I don't know if that means people are eating popcorn for breakfast, or cereal as a snack with movies, or if this is put with all of the grain-based foods, but it isn't with the salted snacks as one might expect.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! that's nice.

Jimjamjenny said...

From what I gather, a lot of people in Japan see cereal as a snack rather than as a breakfast, so it does sort of make sense... I guess.

I've never even thought about making my own popcorn here - I just buy the ridiculously overpriced stuff when I go to the cinema...