Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Random Picture #135

This is the first Halloween I've spent in America in over two decades, and I find that I miss the limited displays in Japan. Fortunately, my brother-in-law still lives in Tokyo and graciously provided me with some pictures of the Halloween snacks in Japan. All of these pictures are courtesy of him, and his blog, BlogD


Tirol has been releasing a Halloween box which is always colorful and adorable. I reviewed one awhile back, and the above is their current offering. The same cute little graphics are used on the box, albeit in a different layout. The box I bought had a little pop-up display on the front. This one seems to have some cat-style mask pieces on the back which will transform you from a cute little girl into a cute little girl wearing a few pieces of cardboard on her face.



This display of Meiji chocolate bars (note that Meiji has adopted the t.s. eliot way of spelling proper nouns) amused me because the pumpkin is wearing an Apollo candy on its head as part of the design. I thought that was a cute bit of product advertising that was quite subtle, though I think it would have worked a little better if they had stacked boxes of Apollo in there instead of plain chocolate bars. 

No comments: