Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Frito Lay Shuwa Shuwa Cola Corn Snacks (product information)

Picture courtesy of Frito-Lay Japan.

This product was actually brought to my attention by way of The Impulsive Buy, which I'm sure will actually review it. I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole, even if I was still in Japan and could saunter down to the local 7-11 and pick one up for a reasonable price.

This is supposed to provide a sense of "swooshing" in the mouth - like cola swishing in a glass, I imagine - when you eat it. I'm not sure how a flavor delivered in a sweet and sour Cheeto is supposed to provide a tactile sensation, but that's what it's supposed to accomplish. Frankly, if this has chemicals that can do that, I wouldn't want anything to do with them. It sounds frightening.

There's a Japanese fellow on YouTube who videos himself sampling this snack. You don't have to understand any Japanese to know what he thinks of it. His facial expressions and wracking sobs tell the tale without words as he forces himself to eat them and gives them a final score of "minus 20".

6 comments:

Marvo said...

Yup. We will review it. Well, Steve, will review it.

Orchid64 said...

You brave, mad fool! I hope you have your cell phone handy and 911 programmed into your phone!

BradleyNASH said...

Yeah, maybe I'll reach outside my bounds and do a review on this too... May god be with me ... HAH!

Orchid64 said...

You're both insane. I'll see about getting you the help you need. ;-)

Rebekah said...

I just got back on Friday; if I had seen these I would have definitely bought them! I'm not saying I would have tried them, but I would have bought them.

Anonymous said...

Haha bought these and will totally eat them!