Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Random Picture #172



Meiji's kinoko and takenoko no sato (mushroom and bamboo shoot) lines of cookie snacks is one of the most venerable in Japan. While I always thought that they were fine as a nice little morsel of cookie with some sort of chocolate, they were never the sort of thing I strongly gravitated toward. There were always bigger fish to fry than the generic combination of buttery biscuit and chocolate. For jaded sorts like me, Meiji has upped their game and released Bergamot Milk Tea and Honey Cafe Latte flavors of these snacks. If I were in Japan and could locate these for the usual price of around 150 yen ($1.50), I'd probably give them a try. Here in the U.S., as you can see, they're more than double that price. Since I don't expect a premium chocolate experience, I was unwilling to pay a premium price for them.

If any of my readers has a bigger wallet than me and popped for these, I'd be curious to hear what you thought of them and if they were worth the scratch.

3 comments:

brit_brat100 said...

Which store?

Orchid64 said...

Mitsuwa in Santa Clara. :-)

brit_brat100 said...

They must be popular, I checked Mitsuwa in Santa Clara, Marukai in Cupertino, and Nijiya in Mountain View today with no luck. Maybe they'll come back again.